Wood vs. plastic
I bet you didn’t think that something as simple as combing and that too using a non-plastic material for the activity could actually make a difference – did you? Well, it does make all the difference.
Wood by a wider margin is bound to be environment-friendly because it is Mother Nature’s own creation. It is naturally present around and us and is definitely a more compatible choice when compared to plastic. Plastic and PVC composites are environmentally hazardous. Though deemed cheap, these are far worse for us humans and the ecosystem around us. Both the environment and the human being are allergic to plastic.
Benefits of a wooden comb
Hair is a valuable asset and it is absolutely essential that you take care of it. Grooming includes combing hair and keeping it well-combed is also a healthy activity. Where regular combing of hair is imperative, we should also pay attention to the kind of materials that we use to comb the hair with. Wooden combs are far better accessories to be used than plastic. Here’s why:
- Scalp health is well-maintained with a wooden comb. A wooden comb acts like acupressure where vital points are kindled. The natural oil moves through the hair shafts when you press your comb against your scalp to comb it.
- The natural oil content of the hair is drastically reduced when you use a plastic comb. Whereas, a wooden comb actually helps retain the moisture and oil content in the hair by spreading it across uniformly. That is why a wooden comb provides natural conditioning to the hair making it softer and smoother.
- Scraping and bruising are bound to happen if you use plastic and metal combs, which come with sharper edges. Wooden combing tools are smoothened and have a sleek, polished body and do not cause any damage to hair and scalp while combing.
- Static electricity is produced in your hair when you use a plastic comb. This reduces the energy of the hair fast. Wood is an insulator and cannot conduct electricity. Wooden combs do not cause damage due to static, unlike plastic combs.
- Allergic reactions from plastic combs are common. Wooden combs contain natural components that render it hypoallergenic. They do not cause any allergic reactions.
- Wooden combs can be both durable and versatile. Since wood is a bad conductor of heat, you can use them while blow drying you hair. Wooden combs are also less prone to breakage.